Servants on Standby (SOS) is a great opportunity, for those of us a part of Gateway, to serve others in need in our community who have a one-time or short-term need that they are unable to take care of themselves. We do this by having volunteers be “on call” to help as we are made aware of those in need around us.
SOS needs may include such things as:
- Cooking and serving a meal to someone who is homebound.
- Driving someone who cannot drive themselves to a doctor’s appointment.
- Doing a household chore or repair for someone who is convalescing from an illness.
SOS needs do NOT include such things as:
- Financial assistance.
- Needs requiring the services of a professional such as a doctor, nurse, plumber or electrician.
- Ongoing or long-term assistance.
Questions? Email SOS@GatewayChurch.com.