Ben Breedlove Memorial

The Breedlove family requested that we post this video so that the world could see and hear Ben’s story and the impact he had on this world during his short time here.

Tags: ,

38 Responses to “Ben Breedlove Memorial”

1. David D. Williams January 1, 2012 at 6:36 am #

Sunday Morning, January 1, 2012 at 1:30 A.M. Michigan (EST) Time. TO: Breedlove Family, Gateway Church, and KXAN, and to Ben’s Close Friend Grant Hamill. Thank-You ALL for being so open and revealing, and for sharing Ben’s Story and each of Yours, at a time when the hurt is so new. And to dear Ally,Ben’s Sister: I have a younger brother. Your Tribute to, and words about your Brother Ben, in the Funeral Service were PERFECT, and the conviction and courage AWESOME! And to Ben:

Ben,
    Awesome, Inspiring, and what you have left us with here, clearly is a Miracle of God! You truely understood God’s hope for each one of us, while we are here. Indeed, to prove it, and to show us, you took THIS amazing and COURAGEOUS Step. Gifted still, in the last moments of your life, you left your amazing spirit here to prove there’s meaning and purpose in Everything. You grasped each event of life, treasured it, and now leave us with a message to do the same. God Bless your Angelic Enthusiasm, now, and for all eternity. We’ll see you soon one day, we’ll see you soon!

David D. Williams / Michigan Viewer / 1-(616)-510-4194.

• Deanne June 23, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

Dear David,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts with our family and with Grant. We are so thankful for the outpouring of love from everyone. Our families hope is that we can be as loving and joyful as Ben was. It seems that you have already found a way to do that because your comment here is full of those blessings; love and joy. Thank you for thinking of us!

Love,
      Deanne

2. Mindy Raether January 3, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

Thank you for sharing even more than what Ben began to. His story is still unfinished, every person he’s touched will carry on for him. I will always remember Ben, even though I never understood his story until after he passed. Congratulations for raising a young man who had enough courage to change the world.

• Deanne June 23, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

Mindy,
      Thank you for being so kind about Ben. We aren’t really sure what all we said around the time of Ben passing away. Our hope was to let people know that Ben really did have a deep faith in God and that he trusted Jesus for all of the things in his life. His video didn’t even mention Jesus’ name, but we, as Ben’s family, know where his peace, strength and joy came from. We would love to see EVERYONE experiencing that same peace! Thank you for being so thoughtful to comment. Your words are a blessing to us.

Love,
      Deanne

3. Beth Dollings January 4, 2012 at 10:35 am #

Ben gives each of us hope that what is to come is our “real” life thanks to Jesus unselfish act of unconditional love. I envy Ben who is now where his longing and yearning heart and soul sought. The peace that escaped him in this world Ben experienced and shared with all who believe and even those who doubt. His message gives his life meaning and our lives renewed faith.. His life may have been short here but his impact and message has touched millions. How appropriate that he should receive his reward on Christmas day…the birthday of our Lord Jesus Christ! Ben in sharing his life has reminded us what we are here for and the life we are meant to have with God. I yearn for the day I feel what Ben was privilege to experience even before his earthy death. He is an inspiration to his family, friends, and all of us. Thank you Ben.

• Deanne June 23, 2012 at 3:58 pm #

Beth,

Thank you for writing! I love your comments about all of us being reminded of our ‘real’ life! We, too, know we have something so amazing and wonderful to look forward to some day as we reunite with our loved ones in heaven, and then live for eternity in the presence of Jesus! It is really hard to imagine how great all of that will be, but we all KNOW, with certainty, that we have that future as God’s children. I hope that each of your days on earth are filled with joy and love!

Love,
      Deanne
      (Ben’s Mom)

4. miranda January 4, 2012 at 11:17 pm #

look im young,im in middle school but i have already started beleiving i beleive in you! it might seem weird because im so young but i beleive in god and angels! i have been seeing lots of deiseses and that dosent make me feel good. i love my family more than this world. i could amagine how your family felt at the time. ill pray for u and keep beleiving!!!!!:)

• Deanne June 23, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

Miranda,

I don’t think it is strange at all that you already believe in God and angels! I think that is awesome and it will change your whole life. I hope that you ALWAYS remember that God is there for you. I am so glad you love your family. I love my family more than anything, too. Thank you for writing! It is such a blessing that you would take the time to write something so kind!

Love,
      Mrs. Breedlove

5. Lauren Hamlin January 5, 2012 at 3:11 am #

I’m 11 years old and i’m going to graduate to middle school this year, and never did i have ever loved my family and friends like i do this new year…. Ben inspired me to live life to the fullest and never give Lord Jesus Christ up for granted because he can do great things.And i believe that ben was a beautiful angel sent down from heaven. And i pray and give hope to that family every day. But I will also like to say that there’s no reason to cry because you already know that ben is in a peaceful and beautiful place right now.
    Giving blessings and prayers out to ben’s family God bless you, Lauren :)

• Deanne June 23, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

Lauren,
      You are very right when you say that Jesus can do great things!! Our family has felt an amazing amount of peace and hope since Ben passed away. You would think we would only feel sadness. We are very sad at moments because we love and miss Ben so much, but we have an amazing amount of joy and hope because we know where Ben is (in heaven with Jesus) and we know we will see him again! EACH of our lives are gifts from God, so I am so glad to hear that you love your family and friends so much!! By loving them so much, you are blessing them so much more than you will ever realize. Thank you for being so loving and saying such precious things about Ben. I hope you continue to have a wonderful year!! Good luck in middle school!! (Our 12 year old will start middle school next year, too!)

Love,
      Mrs. Breedlove

6. Misty Rose January 5, 2012 at 6:29 am #

Thank you to the family for allowing everyone to share with you the loss of Ben. You all do not know me, but I have watched the video with my teenage daughter and could only imagine the sadness you are going through. By the video, he was very strong and never complained about being ill. He accepted his heart condition and showed the world his courage. Heaven has a new angel now.

RIP Ben! I hope your story continues to touch the lives of all ages and show them that no matter what the Lord hands you, that you should always have the will to accept the things that you can not change just like you accepted them. To the family of this very special boy.. may your days become bright again as he looks over each and every one of you. He may be gone but never forgotten. God Bless all of you! <3

• Deanne June 23, 2012 at 4:25 pm #

Misty,

Thank you for your encouragement! I appreciate you telling us that you hope we are managing. We are, and we feel an amazing sense of peace and appreciation; mostly because God keeps sending loving, thoughtful people into our path, like you. Your comments mean more to us than you know. I believe it is God’s way of lifting us up during a challenging time. We do miss Ben and are experiencing lots of new feelings since he passed away, but we are overwhelmed with thankfulness for having shared 18 beautiful years with him. We also know that each of our remaining days are gifts, so we are trying really hard to be thankful for each of these days, too, and to live them in a way God would want us to. Your encouraging words will help us do that, and I pray that others will read what you said to and will find hope in your message.

Love,
      Deanne
      (Ben’s Mom)

7. Mark Siembida Jr. January 6, 2012 at 1:53 am #

Posting this video made me learn more about Ben and how he was like in his everyday life. I’m from New York City and he has inspired me to great extents. From him, I’ve learned not to take anything for granted because you might lose it at any time. I watched his video of his life story on New Years Eve and I started crying because I found it sad that a kid my age had to lose his life in such a horrible fashion. Ben must have been a hell of a guy if God decided to take hi from us on Christmas Day. From the videos I’ve seen and by what I’ve seen on his Facebook page, Ben sounds like he was the most lovig person on the face of the earth. I feel so ba for his family & friends. From watching Ben’s videos and hearing his life story, I’m cherishing every relationship I have with anyone, especially my best friend Nicholas. He’s practically my brother as I’m not going to let come in between the friendship we have.

Ben Breedlove has inspired me so much that I’m going to honor him in my Boy Scouts Eagle Project. I’m going to start CPR seminars around my neighborhood, and hopefully it will grow from there and people hear more about Ben’s story and what he has done and how he has changed the lives of thousands, possibly millions of people. I love Ben so much. May he rest in peace <3 and hopefully when it's my turn to head up there, I hope I get the honor to meet my hero.

• Deanne June 23, 2012 at 4:29 pm #

Mark,

Wow! What an amazing guy you seem to be!! I am so thankful that you are going to devote your Eagle Scout project to CPR classes! That is SO valuable. Because we had several brushes with CPR, I realize how unbelievably important it is. Just think of how many lives might be saved by what you will be teaching! None of us thinks it will happen to us, and none of us believes we will be in a situation to have to administer CPR, but I’ve seen it several times now, and not with just Ben. We saw this happen on a Florida beach just a few weeks ago. Congratulations on being such a giving person. Good luck on your scout project. My nephew has his Eagle Scout, also, and I know it takes and amazing amount of planning, hard work and dedication. If you think about it, I would love to know how your project goes. I think you can find me on facebook.

Thank you for being so encouraging.

Love,
      Mrs. Breedlove
      PS-SO GLAD you are appreciating the friendship you and Nicholas have!

8. Larry Owen January 6, 2012 at 5:02 am #

It is amazing how God works in our world. Ben was for sure an Angel that God sent among us to get us paying attention to the important stuff. What is an Angel? There is a one-word definition that says it all – Messenger..

Ben Breedlove was a Messenger sent and ordained by God for such a time as this. His message has already touched millions in a way that few of us could have imagined. It took both Ben’s life and his death to really get the message across in such a powerful way. Jesus Christ Himself had to live and die to get His message across. Add to that His Resurrection and the story is complete. And one day soon Ben will receive a new resurrected body that will not be subject to death. And each of us who puts our hope and faith in Jesus Christ will also receive an immortal body and be in the place that God has prepared for us. We will also get to experience God’s bright light and a peace that will surpass our human understanding just like Ben did.

Thank you, Ben, for being God’s messenger and being faithful in delivering His message to me and to millions of others whose lives have been forever changed because of it. And thank you, Jesus, for Ben’s message – - Your message.

9. Sierra January 7, 2012 at 9:43 am #

To the breedlove family my heart goes out to y’all!!
    I just wanted to tell you how much Ben inspired me he was truly an amazing person even though I never knew him he truly had the greatest smile. Words can’t describe how much he has inspired
    me. I have a genetic disorder called marfan syndrome. It is a disease that I was born with and have to live with. I have Struggled with it all my life but I have learned to live with it. I had just watched Bens part and part 2 videos and then I saw on the news he had passed away. I just played the video again and cryed. Ben is my inspiration and will always be in my heart.

10. Jennika H. January 7, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

Thank you Ben for reigniting my faith in God. I did not realize it was fading until watching your video. I have now realized what is important again.

11. Jim Hutchings January 7, 2012 at 6:06 pm #

My Prayer For You:
    To all of you, the spirit of Ben lives within us, though he will be missed. His light will forever shines, his hope will guide you from despair to happiness. He found the love of God, the love of peace will be within us for eternal life. When you up at the stars and the vastness of space and time, we are truly not alone, because we have GOD. We are love by him and we pray. His bright light is for our peace, comfort, and salvation of our souls. Remember Ben is not Dead, he lives eternaly in our father’s house. And shines his light upon you and with all of us his spirit lives. Amen:

12. Sarah Elizabeth January 7, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

This Guy inspired me. He boosted my faith up so much more. Eventhough i didnt know this guy personally He impacted my heart by this video, I am saved & walking with God but alone as an 18 year old, My Parents arent saved or nothing, Is so hard to stay strong when im at home but now I know that Jesus is alive in me. I will just keep pushing harder & not give up anymore. All i need is God(: & the love of Jesus Christ

Rest in Peace Breedlove.
    And my heart goes out to the people who personally new him.

He gave me a boost that God is really real. & to not give up.

• Deanne January 17, 2012 at 5:55 pm #

Sarah, I am so thankful that your faith has increased! I am sorry that you feel somewhat ‘alone’ in your walk, but I want to remind you that you are NOT alone! I will be praying for you, by name, that God will comfort you and will put spiritually strong Christians in your life. That is what God did for me. I am so proud of you for being so strong. I want to thank you for your VERY kind, loving comments about Ben. We miss him so much, but we have joy, too, knowing he is with our saviour! I am glad Ben inspired you; now you are inspiring us and comforting us. Thank you so much. I promise to keep you in my prayers. Love, Deanne (Ben’s mom)

• Jim Hutchings January 17, 2012 at 11:05 pm #

Deanne and Family:
        My Tribute is to Ben Breedlove and his family.
        A Young man of 18 years old, with severe heart condition, died on Christmas Day with his family. He had many friends that loved him for who and what he was, and what he represented to his community. A happy kid that saw the Angele of God on that special day; they came for him to guide him home. You Ben, left an impactful message, and you left it to the world. This gives us all hope and peace from GOD bringing the people together in harmony is your lasting legacy. Your gift, Ben is a shining star that shines in God’s home. You touch millions of people in what you did for them in that glimmer of hope. You inspired me to write this message, with another. Giving Thanks Ben! I do believe in Heaven, and in God and the Angles that you saw. May you rest in peace?

And Now my Story:

Many years ago I had this dream when I was a child, but I still remember the dream in detail. This was 50 + years ago, I am still astounded of that dream it was vivid because I remember it so clearly. I was a small young boy then, it took place in a stone church, there was a depression in the floor the shape was not round, like a circle. Nor was it box shape, but semi- half-circles at the top of it, and repeated down on the bottom. Narrow along the sides, about 7’ in length, 2’ wide. Flowers were placed in the same shape. The mood was quiet, and aerie. Then I saw this female place in that shape, I looked closer, and to my horror it was my Mom. I suddenly awoke from that dream, but I remember it even now. Years later in my Life, I was privy whereas 2-hours before my mother died in a nursing home, we talked. She wanted me to leave, but I said to her, I am here for you, and please don’t worry about me. Just think Mom, you are going to a place where you’re really loved, and you will have great peace and harmony within yourself. And then, you will really know about me and my brother Donald. Everything will be known to you and the mystery, it will be laid out before you and truth will be known. You have been a wonderful mother to me, you came back to me. You found the love within me, and I will love you forever. As I held her in my arms, and she being upright stared outward, her pupils became fixed, and I said go ahead its ok, I am right here, and I love you with all of my heart. God is guiding you to your path of peace.
        At first I panic, and then this overwhelming warmth of peacefulness came over me, lasting a few moments but enough that I realized God had her, and I felt the love and I experienced the inner peace that my mom was experiencing. I also felt this telepathic feeling in tune with my thoughts it was the most incredible feeling I have ever had or felt. My Mom – my Dad and my Grandmother, I will see them again, in that other world.
        Ben, you will be with the Devine your maker, and you will have peace and wonder as you sort, and experiencing a new dimension that only God knows, and now you my friend; you have inspired the world with your insight and your gift to humanity. You now are with loving angels of GOD guiding you. Ben’s friends were so lucky to have him as a friend, classmate, and the Breedlove Family, you instilled truth and honestly in your boy, with the love of God, a beautiful family, my heart will be always with you, as we meet in that other world, I will say thank you.
        Jim Hutchings. – Portland, Maine

• Jim Hutchings January 20, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

Deanne;

I just wanted to say something directly to you and your wonderful family. Thousand and Millions of people have offered their tributes to Ben and your family. When I first heard of this news that your son left inspiring message on his youtube channel I rush to my computer and looked it up. It was so powerful, meaningful, that have kept it to my filing system..Courage, insight, unafraid, wanting to cross into that next step….I probably have twenty question to ask you, but I won’t.

Thank you for providing the live streaming of your son’s service, it was warm,embracing and touched me greatly. I got fragments of your family and what you represent yourselves as a people.
        So many, are just superficial that they don’t see in the real truth, or they are afraid.

I had my encounter, having stage 3- Cancer and survived Determined to do something worth while to help others through their pain and suffering. But all that one has to do is to have faith and believe…….I have posted my tributes to Ben,, and how I care for all of you that reads this….Remember, we or you are not alone, if you have faith, love, peace in your heart.
        Love is the healer to anyone’s soul, and believe in that, And God will show you the way, through his truth, and differcult times.

Ben was a wonderful angel from GOD, giving to all of us his message of hope. Thank you for raising a fantastic young man to offer peace and love to the world.

My sincere best wishes from a friend in Maine.

13. Miya King January 8, 2012 at 2:20 am #

I have met Ben before even though I only went to Gateway once.All I know is he just kept smiling he seemed like a old soul.This guy has made me realize even if you are “broken”(as I like to say)you still can smile through it.I saw his last videos and when he described heaven he had a smile on his face the whole time.But he frowned when he said “I didn’t want to leave”.So when I realized he was gone and in heaven after seeing his families faces smile on Christmas day from getting the presents from him and others he i bet even knew it was time to go and he was ready.

14. Shawn frost January 8, 2012 at 5:51 am #

THIS INSPIRED ME TO SO SOMETHING I WILL REQUIRE THE PREMISSION OF THE
    FAMILY FOR PLEASE IN GODS NAME SOMEONE CONTACT ME THIS IS NOT A JOKE
    I WANT TO START A FOUNDTION A CHARTIY OF MY OWN! I HOPE IT’S TO BE ONE OF MANY
    I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAM DO SOMETHING I LIVE IN FLORIDA SOMEONE PLEASE CONTACT ME

15. Shawn January 8, 2012 at 5:53 am #

My email is frost.shawn22@yahoo.com this is very importion your son inspired me gave me
    My faith back I would like to have him remembered forever and raise money for
    The research of his life taking illness

16. Phillip Jennings January 8, 2012 at 8:52 pm #

My condolences to the Breedlove family and friends. I can’t even begin to image. I want to share with you how this event has affected me personally even though I did not know Ben, I never heard of him until a twelve days ago. To do that I have to tell you a little about myself first.. I was raised as an Christian and despite that I have a pretty secular life, now I wouldn’t call myself an atheist, but I didn’t really have any interest in GOD. I had a jaded view of people and life. I have very low self-esteem about myself. I was raised in an environment where the rule of thought was., look out for yourself, don’t empathize or show compassion for anyone else because that is a sign of weakness and make as much money as you can because that was the most important thing.

So, Initially when I saw Ben’s story featured on the national news, I was one of those who just “did not get it.” “What is the big deal”, I thought. And I considered peoples response/reaction to it as a bandwagon mentality response/reaction. And I am one of those who is guilty of leaving inappropriate comments on some of Ben tribute videos. … at first

But, something kept drawing me back to Ben’s videos, as if a little voice (not literally of course) was saying pay attention. Something changed (in) me by watching ben’s videos. I am not longer the skeptical, cynical and jaded person that I once was. Actually I am (gradually) becoming a Christian again, or I should say more committed Christian.

It is hard to explain, I just have a whole different outlook on life. I sit and complain about insignificant challenges that happen in life, or about not experiencing certain desired outcomes in life, I just expect life to be so easy I think he( his story) reminded me how I was taking life, things and people in particular for granted and that I (we) should cherish what we have when we have it.

Even though I can’t comment on all of Ben attributes, because I really didn’t know him, I think the thing that I admire about him the most is his ability “to stand up” and say this is what “I believe”. In a day and age where it is popular to attack Christians, Christian believes or even believe in GOD he stood up and said ‘I believe” regardless of the outcome. By posting his simple My story video he has affected and changed thousands.., just look at the comments on the tribute videos, Facebook and at the number of tribute videos overall.

It reminds me of a quote,…; “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same”. ~Flavia Weedn,

I think in some regard Ben did just that. Thanks Ben. And to conclude , I only can second many of the well written comments here. As many have said, I hope that I will have the honor of meeting you someday.

17. Star January 8, 2012 at 9:36 pm #

I miss Ben, even though I did not personally know him, he has expired me do something better with my life!!
    Does anyone know what the songs that were sung called??

18. Isobelle Luengas January 17, 2012 at 12:37 am #

Ben has honestly changed my life. He is my inspiration, for everything now. Thank you for raising such an amazing young man. May he rest in peace! (:

19. Zach January 17, 2012 at 3:13 am #

This made me cry a bit but smile 10 times more! You have truly changed my life and countless others. I pray for your family but i know your last videos made things so much easier for them. I can’t wait to experience that same peace you have.

20. Barry Dunlap January 22, 2012 at 2:31 am #

Dec 29, 2011 The day my life changed. After seening Ben’s story on KXAN, watching his last videos and then getting to watch the memorial service, I was moved like I had never been moved before. Mind you I would have called myself an Atheist that morning but that night Ben made me think about my life by what he had gone thru and seen. I’ve had a number of NDE’s but nothing I can remember from them like Ben did. I realized that thru the 8 different accident & medical events that someone had always been watching over me and was there during those events to take me away from death. I had never had death in my thoughts and was never scared of it even my kidney failure 8 years ago and after my 2 heart attacks and 107 fever 3 1/2 years ago. I still was not an emotional person after I received a kidney transplant 7 months ago but after all that happened that day, I became a chirstian. I’ve been thanking Ben everyday for opening my eyes to God. I have found an earthly peace that I have only know for fleeting moments in my life like Ben had found by being next to or on the water. Ben changed me in many ways I’m still discovering today and I loss anger {those pesky Austin drivers}, stress & workaholic additude. I been to Gateway several times now and had good talks with Pastor John. 2 weeks after Ben’s memorial, I was finally able to smile when I saw Ben’s smiling face instead of crying because I finally realized that I during my time of medical problems never wanted people around me to worry and had put on a smile but it wasn’t like Ben’s smile because his came from the heart and was real. To honor Ben’s memory I have also been bring his story to those who still have not heard it so they can be part of the many that found an increase in their faith, brought back to the faith or have discovered God. I continue to pray for Ben’s family and friends during this time of change. I plan to honor Ben each christmas by lighting a large white candle and a picture of that wonderful smile he always had. I never got to cross paths with Ben and will have to wait until that day I get the honor of meeting him. Bear.

21. Eden January 23, 2012 at 2:10 am #

Dear Ben,

I never got the chance to meet you, but only God knows how much I wish I could have. After watching your videos on You Tube I cannot stop thinking about you. You truly are a wonderful kid Ben, and you’re story is making an impact on everyone who watches it…including me. I know you’ll never see this message but you are a sweetheart and you have an extraordinary story that all non-Christians should hear. I’ll keep telling your story Ben because you deserve it. R.I.P

To the Breedlove Family, thank you for posting this I can’t tell you how much I have been moved by Ben’s story. He was and is a miraculous boy, and is changing the world one heart at a time. You guys are in my prayers.

22. :) February 6, 2012 at 3:26 am #

Ben…I miss you. I am so proud of you and what you have accomplished in your life. I will never, ever forget you. Its amazing to know that you are in heaven, without a doubt. We lost our angel on earth, but God gained one. I know you are watching over your loving family,God bless them. You probably never fully realized the impact you had on your subscribers…you brought a smile to our faces whenever you posted a video..you were different from everyone else. <3 Your message has reached so many people worldwide, in a variety of ways. From people second guessing their faith and looking to God now, to saving people from themselves. You are in my heart always, and I so very much cherish the time I had watching your videos. Fly with the angels…hope to meet you up there soon. <3

23. Nicole April 15, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

Ben,
    You touched my life through your videos. You taught me that life throws things at you. God puts people in our lives to lead and learn something new! You really taught me what life is about. I cried when I saw the videos you posted on youtube. Ben’s family, I am sorry for the death of Ben! Ben was a inspiring teen, who has impacked me and will continue to impack me! God and Ben are watching over all of us from heaven! We will be there to join Ben someday, but until then we need to be thankful for another day we have been given on earth. I love you Ben, and Family <3

24. Christina July 7, 2013 at 6:01 pm #

I didn’t know you Ben…but somehow you have left a big impression on me. I was married Dec. 18th (a date that I love) born on Dec. 27th and Dec. 25th is my favorite holiday. You did something unforgettable on all three of those dates and your sweet smile is one that will never be forgotten. Did I mention…I work in organ transplant in Colorado? I read that you were an organ donor and that was just too much coincidence for me not to reach out and say how amazing I think you and your family are!! Although I want to think that it is too easy to ask “why did you have to die?” I remember hearing in a song that when certain hearts are so big God has a hard time letting them live because he needs them so…and I believe that was you. You were clearly needed elsewhere, but will be missed by all of those left behind. In your 18 years you have meant so much to so many, Thank You!

25. Jeff August 23, 2013 at 4:03 pm #

My condolences. I remember learning about his death 2 years ago. I too have HCM. I was diagnosed at 30 when I collapsed at a paint ball tournament. Prior to that I was beginning to have some trouble for a few years with what a doctor told me were anxiety attacks. He gave me ant-depressants and sent be on my way. It was after my collapse that I made my doctor focus on evaluating me with a Sonogram. Turns out I was lucky to have come back from that collapse. After a couple of years of oral therapies, I went to see an Electro-cardiologist who suggested a pacer/AICD (automatic implanted cardiac defibrillator). I had that implanted at 34, 1 year after that I collapsed again, this time the device implanted is what brought me back. I am now 47 and on my 3rd device. I receive shocks .for Atrial Fibrillation 5-7 times per year and have been shocked 1-2 times for Ventricular-Fibrillation (lethal) My children have been screened as well. If your children play any sort of athletics, they should be screened for HCM and even if they are not symptomatic, a pacer/AICD should be considered immediately. I know the Breedlove Family will continue to spread the word about this silent killer of our children.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Soffe shorts - February 26, 2012

Soffe shorts…

[...]Ben Breedlove Memorial[...]…

2. From the Archives : Stories are Written to be Told « lisagobrien - March 16, 2012

[...] Ben’s Memorial Service was hosted at Gateway Church just 3 days after this was originally posted. If you are interested in watching the beautifully moving tribute to a short life lived well, you can watch it HERE. [...]

3. Visita il frantoio le selvette! - March 28, 2012

Visita il frantoio le selvette!…

[...]Ben Breedlove Memorial[...]…