WHAT ARE GO! TEAMS?
At Gateway, we desire to equip and encourage the Next Generation to actively “Change their World” as they follow the Way of Christ. In Matthew 28 we see that Jesus tells us to “GO” and share the love, life and freedom found in Him to those we encounter!
One of the ways we practically do this is by offering summer GO! Teams.
GO! Teams are typically a week long experience where kids and students display the love and attitude of Christ to people in the US and around the world by helping meet physical, spiritual and relational needs.
GO! Teams partner with established organizations, joining in the ongoing transformation taking place through Christ-followers and churches, resulting in life change both in those being served AND in those serving!
HOW DO WE GO?
- We GO SENT… Sent by God and also by people. While you may choose to pay for your entire GO! Team out of pocket, you do have the opportunity to invite others into your serving experience through raising support. Raising support means inviting others to participate with you by sending you through financial and prayer support. You will be participating on your team as a “go-er”; others will have the opportunity to participate as a “sender”. **Once you have been accepted onto a GO! Team you will receive specific step-by-step instructions on how to raise financial support, including a sample letter.
- We GO INVESTED… Everyone who participates on a GO! Team is asked to personally invest to their experience through a small financial commitment. This is called your DEPOSIT and is due at the first training. **Deposits are non-refundable, vary per GO! Team, and counts towards your total cost.
- We GO PREPARED… Every team that Gateway sends, regardless of age, has mandatory trainings for team members. In the same way that an athlete trains to prepare for a competition or event, we train in order to be prepared when we GO. Trainings not only help us to be the most effective at our tasks, but it will also help us to personally grow as we apply the things learn to our everyday lives.**GO! Team trainings are mandatory and will happen on the following dates:
- North Teams | March 3, March 31, & May 5 from 3-5pm
- South Teams | March 3, March 31 & May 5 from 12:30-2:30pm
- Sending Sunday on May 19 at all campuses
- We GO RELEASED… Every GO! Team participant must have the approval of their parent/guardian to participate. Release & Medical Forms from Gateway Church will be required for all participants- these can be found online here. **In addition many of our ministry partners will require specific release forms- these will be distributed at the first training meeting and will be available on your FocusMission Account
TO APPLY… Applications for kids/students & adult leaders are available below.
The application deadline is Sunday, Feb 17 and applicants will be notified of acceptance VIA EMAIL no later than February 27.**Please note that late applications will not be processed.