Sunday, August 7th
Our hearts can be our strongest muscle, but they’re also very vulnerable. Wounded hearts can impact our lives for decades. How do we heal from those wounds so that we don’t turn around and wound others?
Work through the following questions on your own, and get together with your running partner, Life Group or friends and family around the dinner table to talk through what you’re learning!
- How comfortable do you feel talking about the state of your heart?
- Read Proverbs 4:23. If everything you do really does flow from your heart, how carefully do you guard it? Is there more you could be doing to protect it?
- Do you perceive any of the symptoms of a wounded heart at work in your life right now, be it loss of joy, protecting yourself, deep emotion, defensiveness, being easily offended or frustrated or agreeing with lies? If so, how can your community help you process and overcome them?
- Which of these symptoms have you been especially vulnerable to in the past that can help you better identify warning signs in the future?
- Read Psalm 139:23-24 aloud and slowly (by yourself or as a group). Do you have any hesitation about God searching for and knowing the wounded places in your heart?
- What are some of the lies you’ve heard about yourself? What has helped you, or would help you, see the truth about yourself?
- What steps can you take in the days ahead to name your hurts and invite God into those spaces to begin the healing process with you?
Proverbs 4:23 — Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
Psalm 139:23-24 — Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Relational Wisdom with Ken Sande — Saturday, Aug 13, 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Do you ever find yourself relationally frustrated with your family or friends? Ken Sande, an international speaker and emotional intelligence expert, will teach us how to grow our relational wisdom from a biblical perspective. Don’t miss this all-day event! Cost is $20 if you pre-register. Click Here for Details & Registration.
5 Way to Maximize Marriage — Sunday, Aug 28, 5 – 6:30 PM at Gateway South
There are a few key habits that help couples have a vibrant and healthy relationship with each other. When couples avoid these habits, trouble could be right around the corner. Come discover how to stay connected or reconnect as a couple! Childcare is available. Click Here for Details & Registration.
— Fall Restore Classes Being Offered at Gateway North —
- Marriage Workshop — Saturday, Sep 10, 1 – 5:30 PM
Let’s face it. Nobody has a perfect marriage, right? Whether your marriage is healthy, harder than you expected or struggling, Gateway’s Marriage Workshop will teach you how to transform your relationship. Cost is $40 per couple if you register before August 28th ($60 afterwards). Childcare is available. Click Here for Details & Registration.
- Soulmates (7 Week Class) — Sundays, Sep 11 – Oct 23, 2:30 – 4 PM
Soul Mates is designed for engaged or seriously dating couples seeking to build the foundations for a healthy relationship or marriage. Cost for the course includes a comprehensive relationship assessment and the opportunity to apply for the Texas marriage license at the end of the class. Cost is $40 per couple. Childcare is available. Click Here for Details & Registration.
- Boundaries (13 Week Class) — Mondays, Sep 12 – Dec 5, 7 – 8:30 PM
Boundaries is designed to help individuals explore and create appropriate personal boundaries while living and working in relationships and environments of all kinds. Cost is $35. Childcare is available. Click Here for Details & Registration.
- Divorce Care (13 Week Class) — Mondays, Sep 11 – Dec 5, 7 – 8:30 PM
Divorce Care is for anyone who has or is going through the process of of divorce. It’s a safe place to find the support needed to help deal with the pain of divorce and look forward to rebuilding a new life. Cost is $35. Childcare is available. Click Here for Details & Registration.
- Divorce Care for Kids (13 Week Class) — Mondays, Sep 11 – Dec 5, 7 – 8:30 PM
Divorce Care for Kids (DC4K) is designed for children, ages 6-11 years, to help them to heal from the pain caused by a separation or divorce. The children’s group works in tandem with the parent’s experience in the adult group. Cost is $25 per child. Click Here for Details & Registration.
SPIRITUAL GROWTH PATH
Did you know you can now track your progress working through the outcomes we include in Next Steps right on Gateway’s website?! Go to Spiritual Growth Path and create an account. You’ll get access to Spiritual Fitness Checks and training with the spiritual outcomes.
Spiritual Outcomes — Freedom
- Learn more about overcoming the relational landmines of hurts by working through the FREEDOM outcome.
If you’ve yet to do so, we encourage you to download the Bible App by YouVersion on your smart phone. Create a free YouVersion account. Tap Plans > Discover > Search: Outreach New Testament > Start Plan. Then you can read along each day with us!