In the chaos and unrest of our world, could you use a new hope when life feels chaotic, a new peace to replace anxiety and worry, a new joy that doesn’t depend on things “going well?”
These are your God-given rights (your birthright when you are made new in Christ)–you have the right to a New You! This series will explore what it means to be made New in Christ and how we have certain “birthrights” that allow us to live a new way. A way that we all seek, but the world can’t give–only God can give it as He makes us new.
Here’s a preview of what’s to come each week:
- (1/9) Take Some Hope: It’s easy to find yourself too busy, too overwhelmed, and too behind with all we have to do. Inevitably, it always feels like we never have enough of what we need to pull things off. But what if we are seeing things all wrong? In this new year, we can start with a fresh perspective and discover all we actually have access to Right Now as gifts from God. When it comes to more hope, healthier relationships, pure joy, and overwhelming peace, God says: “Take as much as you need.”
- (1/16) Take Some Community: God offers us access to a new way of living as a part of a new family. God’s family is loving, kind, grace-giving, and multi-ethnic. We can have the healthy friendships and a healthier version of our family we’ve always dreamed about as we learn to do our part to live out who God created us to be. As we celebrate the holiday weekend which honors the work of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., we can discover that his dream for our world was a glimpse of what God promises we can have with His help.
- (1/23) Take Some Joy: We all want to be “happy,” but how can you be happy when so much keeps going wrong? Jesus gives us a promise, a right, as children of God to experience joy at all times. God’s joy transcends what others do or don’t do and transcends circumstances. Discover how to live with pure joy throughout this new year.
- (1/30) Take Some Peace: Anxiety, worry, and panic attacks remain constant threats in so many of our lives. When we find ourselves needing a way out, God offers “a peace that surpasses understanding.” When we discover peace with God, we can live life without condemnation. As a result, the worries and anxieties of what others think about us and even what we think about ourselves can fade away knowing how God feels about us. Discover how God’s gift of peace can overwhelm and replace your anxiety.
- (2/6) Take Some Purpose: God created you on purpose and for a purpose. God’s gives us so many remarkable spiritual blessings so that we can share them with others. We receive His joy, hope, peace and so much more so that we can share them with others. The God of love invites us to bring His light and life everywhere we go. We can make the world a better place and help others discover that they “take all they need” as well.