We are looking for volunteers who want to directly assist asylees and refugees:
- Drivers who are able to drive refugees and asylees to the hospital, doctor’s appointments, grocery store, etc.
- Paperwork Aides to refugees and asylees who need assistance with job or school applications and other paperwork type situations.
- Translators: French, Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, Pasto
- English as a second language (ESL): provide training materials, resources, tutoring to help refugees & asylees learn English. This is a new opportunity so if you have ideas or recommendations please share those with us.
- Helpers should share with us what days and times they are available, along with how they are able to help, what their background/professional experience is as applicable, and the best way to get in contact with you. We will keep a list on hand to match up when a refugee or asylee reaches out to us.
Be In Community
If you are interested in meeting, sharing a meal, or praying with one of our refugee/asylee families we would love to connect you. This is a great experience for kids and teenagers. Please let us know if you have a specific family’s country you are interested in learning more about and we’ll work to introduce you to a family from that area
Many refugees and asylum seekers come to our country with almost nothing. Any items that we receive are able to be given directly to families in need.
Items Most in Need:
Furniture, bedding, mattresses, pillows, blankets, towels, kitchen utensils and plates, pots and pans, tables and chairs, couches, coffee tables, toys for kids, easy reading level books, arts and crafts, baby supplies, toiletries, feminine hygiene products, adult bicycles for transportation, used vehicles, sewing machines, computers.
We are regularly in need of drivers with trucks willing to load and deliver items to families in need. Scheduling will be coordinated for you and someone will accompany you to provide introductions and language assistance if you are going to meet a family.