Highlights & Contact
We especially need truck/large vehicle drivers on-retainer for furniture moves. The ability to load a queen size mattress, couch, or table are our biggest and ongoing needs.
- Deliver Prepared Food from Southside Market and Barbecue in the Arboretum. You may call when you pull up and they’ll bring out the food (and help load if you need assistance and request it) and you can call at the drop-off site and they should come out to help unload. Calling ahead to confirm is super helpful for Southside staff. In-person/inside contact is limited w/ this opportunity.
- Drivers who are able to drive refugees and asylees to the hospital, doctor’s appointment, grocery store, etc.
- Paperwork Aides to refugees and asylees who need assistance with job or school applications and other paperwork type situations.
- Delivery Drivers/Movers for picking up furniture and household donations, or dropping these items off at the homes of the refugees and asylees. Donors are usually very flexible with pickup days and times. Google Translate works wonderfully.
- Translators: French, Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, Pasto
- ESL: provide training materials, resources, tutoring to help refugees & asylees learn English
- Be In Community – If you are interested in meeting, sharing a meal, or praying with one of our refugee/asylee families.
- Donating Furniture or Household Items (computers, tvs, sewing machines, and lamps, especially floor lamps, are super helpful). Including light bulbs and batteries is also great! We will always take beds.
- Organize and Sort donated items at North campus/McNeil
- Write Welcome Cards to New Families
Please let us know what volunteer categories you are interested in being flagged for by filling out the serve form at http://gatewaychurch.com/refugees