FEBRUARY 26th, 2023
How would you define prayer? What role does prayer play in your life?
- Take the time to read through all of Daniel 6 and answer the following questions:
- What stands out to you about Daniel in this story?
- What stands out to you about the king’s actions in this story?
- What does Daniel’s commitment to prayer (though he knows the consequences) demonstrate about his beliefs?
- There are several common myths when it comes to prayer. Which one do you tend to fall into? What does this kind of prayer produce?
- Prayer is transactional: “God if you do________, then I will do ________.”
- Prayer works on my time,
- Prayer depends on my words more than God’s character.
- Read Hebrews 9:22-28. In the sermon, “deliverance” was defined as “the moving of something from where it is to where it needs to be, according to God.” In chapter 6, we read about Daniel’s deliverance from death by the mouths of lions. How do we see this theme of deliverance appear in Hebrews? What makes this deliverance so much better? How should this truth impact the way we pray?
- Read Hebrews 4:16 and spend some time praying out loud with free and fearless confidence that is available to you through Jesus. If you are struggling with this, simply ask God to give you this boldness in prayer.
- If you would like to grow more in intercessory prayer (praying on behalf of others), consider going through the Intercession Outcome: https://www.gatewaychurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Intercession-final.pdf
- Grab a friend or a spiritual running partner and take this 8-week course to deepen your prayer life: https://prayercourse.org/home/
This week, kids learn from Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount about the Lord’s prayer.
- THE BIBLE: Jesus taught us how to pray.
- THE BIG IDEA: Matthew 6:5-15
Because sometimes you and your kid need a conversation-starter that isn’t,
“So . . . how was church?”
- The Bible tells us God knows what we need before we ask. Then why do you think we still pray?
- What are some things you can pray about this week?
This month, your kids are memorizing the Bible verse
John 13:15 (NIV), in case you want to work on them together.
EC: “…you should do as I have done for you.” John 13:15b
Elem: “I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.” John 13:15 (NIV)
Next week, we’re starting a new series! Check your email for next month’s monthly view of what’s coming up.