Kids Key Concepts
We count it as a win whenever a kid takes a step toward owning their faith by practicing one, or maybe even all five, of these key concepts.
1. EXPLORE THE BIBLE: This is an obvious one, right? Well, not exactly, but it's pretty important. After all, if kids are ever going to make their faith their own, they've got to start spending time with God on their own. It means opening the Bible on their own, having conversations with God on their own, and discovering how they best connect with God through worship and reading on their own.
2. KNOW JESUS: Kids need to learn about who Jesus is and why He came to earth. When we talk about Jesus and His place in our story (or, more accurately, our place in His story), it helps us believe, helps us understand, helps us take ownership of our own faith, and helps us to live for Him.
3. BUILD CHARACTER: What is character? Sometimes kids have a difficult time distinguishing between "feelings" and "choices". Our goal is to guide kids in knowing that God helps us make wise choices and He has given us the Bible to grow in obedience, forgiveness, love, and faith.
4. YOU BELONG: Engaging in healthy community can, and should, be a spiritual habit we help our kids develop. But "healthy community" doesn't just mean hanging out with Christians. This spiritual habit is about growing in Christlike relationships with everyone.
5. CHANGE YOUR WORLD: Kids need to know that God made them unique, and special, and with really specific gifts, talents, passions, and resources. Then they need to use those gifts to love God, love others, and influence the world around them. Because when kids begin to discover who God made them to be, and then use their unique identity to love both God and others, they can change the world.
We're thrilled to share a Sunday with your family!
Regardless of age, it's our goal that every person who enters our doors feels loved, learns a little, and has a LOT of fun! We've created excellent experiences for kids in hopes that they beg to come back next week!
Our Gateway babies (0-23 months) are lovingly held and rocked as they listen to calm music, have Bible stories read to them, and play together.
Preschoolers (2 years - Kindergarten) will sing and dance together, learn a Bible story, and do a fun craft or activity that helps them process what they've learned...with lots of play and giggles in between!
Elementary-aged kids (Kindergarten - 5th grade) will enjoy music, activities, games, and interactive lessons that help them apply God's word to their everyday life at home, school, and in friendships.
New Family Registration
Welcome to Gateway Kids! If you are a first-time guest and would like to fill out our new family form prior to arriving on Sunday morning, please scan the QR code, complete the information, and hit submit.
What to Expect
Our kid's church service runs at the same time as the adult services so every member of your family can truly ENJOY the service!
When you arrive, we'll ask you to fill out a quick form about your child(ren). We take safety and security seriously, so our check-in system makes it super easy to check in each week and increases classroom security. In addition, every volunteer in our area is background checked prior to serving so you can rest easy while your little ones are in our care.
Our kid's programs are created FOR kids, so we know they'll be asking you to bring them back soon!
Not ready to join us in person yet? We'll continue to live stream our services on Sunday mornings here. We can't wait to see your smiling face again one day soon!
Preschool - Sundays at 10:30 AM
Elementary - Sundays at 11:00 AM
Miss a service? Click here to watch a video from our archive!
Born To Lead is our Gateway Kids Leadership Program for 4th and 5th grade students. Our hope for this program is to provide a place for our older elementary students to develop spiritually by focusing on one of four spiritual habits: spending time with God, spending time with others in a healthy community, identifying and using your gifts, and of course, sharing your story and God's love with others. We believe that it's God's desire to move in the hearts of our kids, and use them in a powerful way to be the change in our world. In addition, it's our desire as a church to equip and empower the next generation to live out who God has called them to be, Born Leaders.
The commitment for this program is to attend 4 meetings in the month of September, engaging weekly on Sunday mornings, and creating space for your child to put their leadership skills and gifts into practice.